Jun 15, 2021
Scott Colbert, chief economist at Commerce Trust Company in St.
Louis, rejoins the Contrarian Investor Podcast to discuss the
upcoming Federal Reserve meeting and state of the economy.
This was a quick call recorded over a phone line on Tuesday, June
- The Fed meeting that concludes June 16 and the coming
discussion around the rolldown of QE (0:52);
- Colbert's reasons for being "grossly optimistic" about the
- The biggest concern is around the length of the current
- The prospects of asset bubbles and why the 'dot plot' should
see an increase from four to six or seven members of the FOMC who
want to see higher interest rates (7:37);
- Where does all this leave investors? (11:06);
- What is driving the drop in bond yields (14:41);
Not intended as investment advice.