Mar 17, 2021
This episode is brought to you by Merk
Research. Visit this
link to take advantage of the offer presented on the
podcast. To listen without ads or announcements, become a premium subscriber, which gets
you access to a host of other benefits, including (but not limited
to) the new Daily Contrarian podcast, released every market day
morning by 7:00 a.m. eastern time.
Shana Sissel, chief investment officer of Spotlight Asset Group,
joins the podcast to discuss her bullish outlook on technology
stocks and other views on the markets.
Just because tech stocks might not be overbought (yet) doesn't mean
there aren't sections of the markets that are frothy. Take SPACs
for example. That is sure to end badly.
Sissel also has some views on working from home, why there aren't
more women in professional investing, GameStop, and which cities in
the U.S. have the best pizza, among other things.
(Spotify users can click on the timestamp to link to the segment
- The bullish case for tech stocks remains intact. They may be
expensive, but you need to pay for growth at this stage of the
- There's even upside for Zoom Video Communications (NASDAQ:ZM),
though not as much as other stocks (7:09);
- These other stocks include NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA), Marvell
Technology Group NASDAQ:MRVL), and Activision Blizzard (NASDQ:ATVI)
- GameStop (NYSE:GME) discussion. Yes, really. Though AMC
(NYSE:AMC) is a better example of what we're talking about
- The guest's views on the economic picture and why higher rates
are not really a concern (19:07);
- Her views on SPACs. Spoiler alert: this won't end well
- Background on the guest (39:39);
- Her podcast, The Black Swans, and how it came to be
- Women in finance and why they're still under-represented
- A discussion of pizza: Worcester, Mass. versus New Haven, Conn.
versus New York versus Chicago versus Detroit (1:08:18).
More Information on the Guest
Not intended as investment advice.