Dec 31, 2020
This episode is brought to you by Merk Research. Visit this link to take advantage of the offer
presented on the podcast. To listen without ads or announcements,
become a premium subscriber.
Artem Fokin of Caro-Kann Capital joins the podcast to discuss
his strategy of finding compounders in unusual places, specifically
those listed on the "wrong" exchanges.
(Spotify users can link to the section directly by clicking on the
- "What do I mean with the wrong exchange?" (3:42);
- Why would a U.S. company not just list in the U.S.? Isn't there
more upside? (7:19);
- Why the Australian exchange is one of the guest's favorites for
finding these companies (13:41);
- What are the other criteria he looks for? (22:05);
- What about valuation metrics for choosing an entry point?
- Background on the guest (35:05);
- More information about his fund, which also focuses on special
- The focus has remained consistent, due to core competence
- One hidden gem, a portfolio holding, that he discovered
recently: a software company with solid growth rate early in its
lifecycle that trades in Australia -- and is already profitable
- More discussion of the company, its customer base and how that
has changed post-COVID (48:52).
More About The Guest