Nov 20, 2020
Become a premium member and receive episodes earlier and
without ads or announcements! Sign up here for just $9/month or $99/year.
Theron De Ris of London-based Eschler Asset Management joins the
podcast to discuss why now may be an optimal time to invest in
shares of precious metals companies and energy concerns.
One of De Ris' favorite stocks -- and primary portfolio holdings --
is discussed at some length in the second half of the program.
(Spotify users can link to the segment directly by clicking on the
- Why Eschler Asset Management is bullish on precious metals
(3:14) and why the pullback could be a buying opportunity for gold
equities in particular (8:02);
- The picture for energy and why it is reminiscent of the
precious metals industry circa 2015 (9:03);
- Demand from emerging markets, especially China, should persist
despite economic difficulties (11:44), nor should renewable energy
crimp demand in the short term (13:08);
- Background on the guest and how he got started waiting tables
in Frankfurt, Germany (18:03) and eventually started his own fund
- His process for finding ideas and picking stocks (26:34);
- How royalty and streaming companies work. Most are focused on
precious metals, including Franco-Nevada Corp. (NYSE:FNV), Wheaton
Precious Metals (NYSE:WPM), and Royal Gold (NASDAQ:RGLD)
- The favorite stock and one of the fund's main holdings: EMX
Royalties (NYSE:EMX) (30:07).
Additional Information on the Guest:
Not intended as investment advice.