Mar 2, 2022
This podcast episode was recorded on Feb. 25 and released to
premium subscribers (without ads) the following day. To become a
premium subscriber and take advantage of this and a host of other
benefits, visit Contrarian.Supercast.com or ContrarianPod.substack.com and sign up! Tobias
Carlisle of Acquirers Funds rejoins the podcast to discuss the
stock market's latest dramatic reversal, this time over Russia's
invasion of Ukraine, and why investors may be a bit too bullish at
- How to take the huge reversal last week with Russia-Ukraine?
- Every war starts with "the boys will be home by Christmas," but
most tend to drag on longer than anticipated. Sometimes a lot
- Growth stocks have been in correction territory for some time.
Are they in a bear market? Probably... (8:52);
- The interest rate cycle has not started tightening but
inflation has the Fed caught between a rock and a hard place
- Energy and energy stocks are still cheap. Then there are
defense contractors. Lockheed Martin (LMT) has benefited from
Russia-Ukraine and Carlisle is a holder... (21:25);
- Facebook aka Meta (FB) is also cheap (23:20);
- Non-fungible tokens, or NFTs: Dead as Disco (30:12);
- The aim of investing is to survive the bad times and they are
"probably here" (37:18).
More From the Guest