Sep 21, 2022
This podcast episode was recorded on Sept. 16, with a short
highlight clip containing
the most actionable items released to
premium subscribers that same day.
The full episode was released
to premium subscribers without ads or interruptions a day after
Axel Merk, president and chief investment officer at Merk
Investments, joins the podcast to discuss his views on stagflation,
the Federal Reserve, U.S. dollar, and why the bottom is not yet in
- Printing money does not fix supply issues. Next stop:
- The current environment simply is not conducive to taking risks
- There's too much groupthink at the Fed and it's time for Jerome
Powell to step down (13:21);
- The bottom for stocks is not in yet. The Fed needs to pivot
first. What to watch for there (15:26);
- Background on the guest (24:43);
- The outlook for gold (31:20);
- How high might the Fed go with interest rates? (34:09).
More Information on Axel
Not intended as investment advice.