Jun 9, 2022
This episode is brought to you by StockMarketHats.com -- claiming to be stylish
and funny. To avoid ads, consider becoming a premium subscriber.
Kevin Rendino of 180 Degree Capital joins the podcast to discuss
reasons for optimism (yes, optimism) in markets and why we may have
already reached "peak pain."
- Valuations for most of the market are already discounting bad
news across the board. Cash balances are at peak levels seen at the
start of the pandemic, in 2008, and 2001 (2:44);
- What segments of the market are particularly interesting right
now? Look to semiconductors for starters (4:54);
- How big of a concern is Fed policy? (7:20);
- Media companies will benefit as the economy resumes its growth
and advertising budgets revamp. There are indications this cycle is
already turning (13:49);
- What is 180 Capital's investing style and how does it work?
- Background on the guest (25:17);
- The guest meets with company management often. What are some
'red flags' and 'green flags' he looks for? (31:38);
- The 'great resignation' and which companies may be a great
'pedigree' for future executives (38:18);
- Some parting guidance and why today's market feels more like
1990 than 2008 (43:17).
More Information on the
Stocks Mentioned on this
- 180 Degree Capital (TURN) -- the guest's publicly-traded
- Lantronix (LTRX);
- Quantum (QMCO);
- Arena Group (AREN);
- Potbelly (PBPB).
Not intended as investment advice.