Aug 30, 2023
This podcast was released to premium subscribers on Aug. 24.
Become a premium subscriber on Substack or Supercast.
Cormac Kinney, founder and CEO of Diamond Standard, joins the
podcast to discuss the concept of diamonds as an asset class: why
they haven't become an investable commodity like other precious
metals, how that may be changing, and what investors can expect in
terms of correlation to other assets and alpha.
- Why haven't diamonds become an investable asset class like
precious metals or other commodities? (1:11);
- Some of the economics behind diamond production and why supply
is dropping dramatically (4:45);
- How Diamond Standard is turning diamonds into a fungible
commodity (this is where the bars in the cover photo comes in)
- What are diamonds used for practically, other than jewelry?
- Diamonds' correlation to other asset classes over time
- Diamond futures are coming. That will introduce much-needed
- Background on the guest (29:30);
More About the Guest