Dec 22, 2020
Thank you to the sponsor of this episode, Merk Research.
Visit this link to take advantage of the offer
presented on the podcast. To listen without ads or announcements,
become a premium subscriber.
Ryan Worch of Worch Capital joins the podcast to discuss his
views that even after the massive post-COVID rally in stocks, the
bull market is just getting started.
(Spotify users can link to the segment directly by clicking on
- The most appropriate historical parallel from a price-pattern
standpoint may be 1999 and the massive "tech melt-up" that ended in
- "We believe the market is in this secular bull market -- for
various reasons," particularly monetary easing. This should
"supercharge" a move higher, much as in 1999 (5:35);
- The similarities and differences between now and the late 1990s
- The Fed is "completely transparent these days." They will be
forced to raise rates at some point, but the markets may not stop
rallying for a while (12:21);
- Current excesses are nothing compared to those of the late
1990s. People are still spooked by what happened (16:44);
- Background on the guest (22:06);
- How he started his fund in 2008 (26:39);
- How Worch Capital was able to avoid the February-March
correction this year (28:54);
- Why he still likes growth, and which sectors (34:54).
For More Information on the