Sep 16, 2020
Value Stock Geek, well known on the Twittersphere as @ValueStockGeek, joins the podcast to
discuss his concept of the "weird portfolio."
This portfolio allocates to gold and real estate as well as
stocks and Treasuries.
The guest also revisits his prediction from his first visit to
the podcast last year, when he said retail stocks were
The paper explaining this concept in more detail can be read in
its entirety here.
(Spotify users can link to the segment by clicking on the
- Background on constructing the "weird portfolio" (3:04);
- How exactly is the portfolio allocated? (5:14);
- Is gold still an effective disaster hedge? (8:55);
- The equity portion of the portfolio (14:02);
- What makes up the small-cap value portion? (17:04);
- Is there really enough diversification offered by international
equities over their U.S. counterparts? (19:03);
- How the real estate allocation is accomplished (21:05);
- Revisiting the contrarian calls from last summer (27:17).
Become A Premium Member
- Early access to podcast episodes -- released as much as a full
day before it hits iTunes and other podcast software;
- Podcast transcripts, available immediately after episodes are
- Access to locked groups in the new Slack
- Direct interaction with the host and selected guests;
- Exclusive documents from hedge funds and others;
- Bonus episodes;
- Discounts on Virtual Events and subscriptions from our
- A Contrarian Investor Podcast mug, as a thank-you for signing
All this and more. Sign up now for just $8/month or