Oct 12, 2022
A 'highlight clip' of actionable
items from this podcast was released to premium subscribers on Oct.
10. Become a premium subscriber by signing up here or on our Substack to take advantage of this and a host of
Fabian Wintersberger joins the podcast to discuss his views on
the economy, inflation, and Fed policy.
- The Fed will not succeed at bringing inflation down to 2%.
There will be no soft-landing for the economy (2:48);
- Interest rate hikes will proceed until something breaks in the
real economy, forcing the Fed to reverse course (5:04);
- Bond yields: We haven't seen the highs yet (8:16);
- Background on the guest (14:10);
- The situation in Europe. Central banks have no choice but to
follow the Fed higher (16:38);
- The situation in Wintersberger's native Austria, which faces an
unprecedented winter with dramatically higher energy costs
- Austria has historical ties to Russia, including in its banking
sector, where one institution still has business in the country...
More on the Guest