May 11, 2023
This episode was recorded on Tuesday, May 9 and a short highlights reel was made
available to premium subscribers that same day. The full podcast episode followed a
day later. To become a premium subscriber sign up on Supercast or Substack.
Elliot Kallen, founder of Prosperity Financial Group, joins the
podcast to discuss his expectations for a coming recession, to
start this summer, and why some of the best opportunities may be in
technology stocks and corporate bonds.
- Tech stocks: the pullback is coming (3:31);
- The market is starting to flatline. Look to midcap value stocks
- The Fed will likely raise rates one more time and then reverse.
Time to buy bonds -- corporates (8:47);
- Consumers have already started to pull back, judging by some
primary evidence the guest gathers... (12:02);
- Why the recession will be mild, despite the red flags
- Background on the guest (24:00);
- Active management has its place (30:24);
- Thoughts on the next generation growth industries (36:53).
Not investment advice. Do your own research. Make your own
More Information on the Guest