Sep 23, 2020
Alex Chausovsky of ITR Economics joins the podcast to discuss
his view that economic recovery in the U.S. is on firmer footing
than widely believed.
(Spotify users can link to the segment directly by clicking on the
- Downside risks do exist. Flu season is approaching but the data
is painting a more encouraging picture (3:37);
- The top leading indicators are predicting a business cycle rise
in 2021, led by the consumer (6:17);
- Employment is a lagging indicator. Other metrics are more
telling about the economy's future prospects (9:53);
- The election and how that might impact things (11:50);
- Background on the guest (18:31);
- The prospects for commercial real estate. Is the office doomed?
- Current opportunities: Look to the defense sector and
export-intensive industries in the U.S. (34:44);
For more information on the guest:
Reminder: Become a premium subscriber for just $8/month.