Jan 14, 2020
Chris Stanton, chief investment officer at Sunrise Capital,
rejoins the podcast to discuss his bearish views on the market at
the start of 2020.
There are reasons to believe a market correction is overdue,
Stanton says. Risk is everywhere: geopolitical, volatility, repo
markets. A drop of 18% to 20% can be expected before March 31.
- "Rest assured, we're heading for a correction and I would argue
it's going to be terrifying when it comes" (5:43)
- The "Phase 1" deal with China is a temporary measure that will
be revoked if Donald Trump wins reelection in November (9:55)
- A likely catalyst for a correction is in the repo market
- A "volatility-led sell off" is likely before the end of the
first quarter (16:12)
- Where's inflation? (26:34)
- It may not take an actual headline for investors to decide
equities are overbought (31:01)
- Background on Stanton's firm, San Diego-based Sunrise Capital
- The "origin story": Background on Stanton himself (53:03)
- What should retail investors do, right now? (1:02:49)
Not intended as investment advice.
For more information on Sunrise Capital: www.sunrisecapital.com